Software Engineer - Avionics Design and Development
This is a full time position.
Duty Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Bigelow Aerospace is currently seeking a bright, self-motivated software engineer specializing in avionics design and development.
US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
Bigelow Aerospace, the world leader in developing a privately funded manned space station, is seeking a bright, self-motivated software engineer specializing in avionics software design and development. The successful candidate will be expected to display strong skills in physics, mathematics, technical documentation & verbal communication as well as proven experience coding in C, C++ and JAVA. Special consideration will be given to those applicants with strong Unified Modeling Language (UML) or Object-Oriented Design (OOD) skills, Internet Protocol (IP), and a high interest in robotic or manned space programs. The engineer will also participate in integration of avionics devices, which includes device interface control implementation and low level protocol validation. Duties may also include supporting demonstration of avionics concepts, requirements definition and documentation, design and design documentation, implementation, defect resolution and qualification of spacecraft avionics.
The Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 10+ years experience developing avionics software.
- Experience in formal software development methodologies.
- Proven ability to design code and debug software in various software languages including C, C++ and Java.
- Experienced in Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOD and OOA)
- Experienced in developing software for windows, Linux and VxWorks operating systems.
- Experience developing device drivers.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, and contribute to the implementation of the overall system design.
- Experience in data communications including RF, TCP/IP, 1553, RS485, RS422, RS232 and Spacewire.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems.
- Working knowledge of electronic circuits.
- Experience using packet analysis technology such as Wireshark/TCPDump.
- B.S. in Computers Science or Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 Years experience in designing, implementing and debugging system control and data acquisition software.
- Fluency in C, C++ and Java and in-depth knowledge of Linux OS.
- U.S. Citizen
Apply for employment using any of the following methods:
Please note: For best protection of your personal information, use the Mail option below.
Use the Online Application
Send resumes to:
ATTN: HR Representative
1899 W. Brooks Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fax your resume to: (702) 639-0881