Software Engineer - Avionics Integration
This is a full time position.
Duty Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Bigelow Aerospace, is seeking a bright, self-motivated software engineer specializing in avionics integration.
US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
The successful applicant will be expected to display strong skills in mathematics, technical documentation & verbal communication as well as proven experience coding in C, C++ and JAVA. Special consideration will be given to those applicants with strong Unified Modeling Language (UML) or Object-Oriented Design (OOD) skills, Internet Protocol (IP), and a high interest in robotic or manned space programs. The engineer will participate in integration of avionics devices, which includes device interface control implementation and low level protocol validation. Duties may also include supporting demonstration of avionics concepts, requirements definition and documentation, design and design documentation, implementation, defect resolution and qualification of spacecraft avionics.
The Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- experience in full lifecycle application development.
- ability to design code and debug software in various software languages including C, C++ and Java.
- experienced in Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOD and OOA)
- experienced in developing software for windows, Linux and VxWorks operating systems.
- ability to work independently, think creatively, and contribute to the implementation of the overall system design.
- previous participation in a full lifecycle application development project.
- ability to maintain standards compliance.
- experience in communication protocols such as TCP/IP, 1553, rs-485, rs-422, rs-232 and Spacewire.
- knowledge of embedded software development
- experience with RTOS
- working knowledge of electronic circuits.
- ability to evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation and integration.
- experience using packet analysis technology such as Wireshark/TCPDump.
- B.S. in Computers Science or Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 Years experience in design, implementing and debugging system control software.
- Fluency in C, C++ and Java and in-depth knowledge of Linux OS.
Apply for employment using any of the following methods:
Please note: For best protection of your personal information, use the Mail option below.
Use the Online Application
Send resumes to:
ATTN: HR Representative
1899 W. Brooks Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fax your resume to: (702) 639-0881