Avionics Systems Manager
This is a full time position.
Duty Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Bigelow Aerospace is looking for an Avionics Systems Manager.
US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
This is a full time position. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Bigelow Aerospace is seeking a highly motivated Avionics Systems Manager with experience leading teams throughout the entire product life cycle including architecture and concept development, detailed design and test, and production. The successful candidate will be highly inventive and innovative in tackling complex electronic and network systems design and implementation while utilizing both COTS and heritage solutions.
The successful candidate will lead a multi-disciplinary team responsible for defining requirements, performing detailed engineering designs, and producing physical spacecraft hardware. Subsystems will include electronics hardware, firmware, networking, and RF communications, as well as power generation and distribution systems. Must display familiarity with reliable embedded systems and digital electronics (e.g., microprocessors, DSPs, CPLDs, FPGAs), and one or more communications protocols (e.g., Ethernet, CAN, RS422/485/232, I2C, SPI). Experience with circuit schematic capture and simulation as well as PCB layout is preferred. Experience with digital controls is a plus.
- Participation in the complete system integration as the subsystem owner.
- Ownership throughout the entire lifecycle of the subsystem, from concept to design & development to build to post-launch support.
- Design of high reliability and/or long-lifetime hardware.
- Developing documentation including test procedures, component analysis summaries, circuit schematics, technical engineering notes, subsystem and device requirements, and participating in overall subsystem architecture design.
- Performing test and debugging at board, component, and subsystem levels
Senior Engineer - Minimum of 10 years experience with an accredited BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent program. Special consideration will be given to applicants with additional skills / experience in design for space environments, high reliability fault tolerant systems, radiation hardening, or EMI shielding and grounding.
Apply for employment using any of the following methods:
Please note: For best protection of your personal information, use the Mail option below.
Use the Online Application
Send resumes to:
ATTN: HR Representative
1899 W. Brooks Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fax your resume to: (702) 639-0881