This is a full time position.
Duty Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Bigelow Aerospace is seeking a Chemical Engineer to design, develop and maintain Environmental Control and Life Support Systems ECLSS monitoring systems for spacecraft. The Chemical Engineer will develop and implement programs for quantifying, evaluating and optimizing ECLSS systems, including process efficiencies, product quality and equipment utilization.
US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
The Chemical Engineer will be responsible for implementing ECLSS system improvements based on data collected and analyzed, including changes in procedures and equipment upgrades.
- Design and evaluate new and existing ECLSS processes, and recommend improvements.
- Assist with ECLSS sub system design and optimization by preparing daily notes and reports, and by monitoring ECLSS sub system integration.
- Design, implement, optimize and integrate multiple chemical monitoring systems as they pertain to trace contaminant detection and removal, Carbon Dioxide removal, oxygen generation, organic compound emanations from crew members, chemical issues in fire detection, and designing detection and amelioration strategies for off gassing of chemicals.
- Evaluate subsystem compatibilities and their integration.
- Must be familiar with desiccant, adsorbent and materials out gassing chemistry as well as designing effective chemical monitoring methodologies.
- Knowledge of human physiology and biochemistry is desirable.
- Drive programs to achieve maximum production and improve efficiency and quality.
- Assist in monitoring Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with AS9100C to confirm compliance and make improvement modifications as required.
- Must be a goal directed high energy individual.
- Must be able to multi task and must possess great communicative abilities.
A minimum of a BS in Chemical Engineering is required. Aerospace experience a plus.
Apply for employment using any of the following methods:
Please note: For best protection of your personal information, use the Mail option below.
Use the Online Application
Send resumes to:
ATTN: HR Representative
1899 W. Brooks Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fax your resume to: (702) 639-0881