This is a full time position.
Duty Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Bigelow Aerospace is seeking an electrical engineer with experience in HW/SW design. Experience should include, design and test of analog, RF and digital/processor circuits. The successful applicant will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team developing systems for the next generation of inflatable space habitats.
US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
Job responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of digital/processor circuits.
- Design of analog circuits.
- Design/experience with RF circuits.
- Knowledge of printed circuit boards with emphasis on isolation, EMI management, grounding, conductive heat dissipation, and minimized packaging.
- Participation in the complete system integration as the subsystem owner.
- Ownership throughout the entire lifecycle of the subsystem, from concept to design & development, to build-out and subsystem integration, and on to post-launch support.
- Design of high reliability and/or long-lifetime hardware.
- Evaluating 3rd Party Vendor subsystem components. Will additionally be responsible for generating specifications, reviewing designs, procuring components.
- Developing documentation including test procedures, component analysis summaries, circuit schematics, and technical engineering notes. Will additionally be responsible for generating subsystem requirements and participating in overall subsystem architecture design.
- Performing test and debugging at board, component, and subsystem levels.
Applicants should have experience and knowledge of HW/SW design, including analog, digital/processor and RF circuits . Knowledge of solar cell technologies is a plus.
Applicants should also display basic familiarity with digital electronics (e.g. microprocessors, DSPs, CPLDs, FPGAs), one or more communications protocols (e.g. Ethernet, CAN, RS422/485/232, I^2C, SPI). Experience with circuit schematic capture and simulation, as well as PCB layout, is preferred.
Special consideration will be given to applicants with additional skills / experience in design for space environments, high reliability fault tolerant systems, radiation hardening, or EMI shielding and grounding.
Applicants must be self-motivated, able to work under little supervision, able to adapt to changing design requirements, and able to easily transition between projects to meet priority shifts.
Minimum of 5 years experience with an accredited BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent program.
Apply for employment using any of the following methods:
Please note: For best protection of your personal information, use the Mail option below.
Use the Online Application
Send resumes to:
ATTN: HR Representative
1899 W. Brooks Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fax your resume to: (702) 639-0881