Mechanical Engineer - Structural Designer
This is a full time position.
Duty Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Uses creativity and the discipline of engineering that applies principles of physics and material science specifically towards the design of a mechanical structure. The designer will design components and/or systems based on a set of requirements and constraints, and oversee the project from concept to production.
- Work directly with System engineering to gather and understand the project design requirements.
- Design mechanical / structural systems and products based on set given and derived requirements.
- Perform related analysis (simple FEA) and classical hand calculations to optimize design of product.
- Modify designs based on cost and manufacturing capabilities.
- Work with structural analysis to verify capabilities of structure before fabrication
- Holds design reviews and presentations among peers to gain design feedback
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods and fictures; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares manufacturing drawings to ANSI Y14.5M standards using GD&T for manufacturability and repeatability.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing and assembly issues.
- Record notes, design changes, and test results on ENBs.
US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
- Solid Works CAD experience
- Experience with PDM / PLM software
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5M drawing standards
- Knowledge of GD&T
- 10+ years of mechanical design experience or 5+ years of aerospace design experience
BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering. MS in engineering.
Apply for employment using any of the following methods:
Please note: For best protection of your personal information, use the Mail option below.
Use the Online Application
Send resumes to:
ATTN: HR Representative
1899 W. Brooks Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fax your resume to: (702) 639-0881